Tha DU Store - Too good a deal?

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

Bought a chronograph from the Tha DU Store.  Price was the best by $20 on a $120 item.  Did some follow up later and now am concerned.  Anybody buy anything from these guys - in CA.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kbppaulk
Contributor
Contributor

well i recieved my package yesterday it was also shipped from toys r us and they payed more then what i payed them for it. So im glad i got what i want and still payed less but confused to why they are paying more! thoughs of you that are still waiting its due to them waiting on to whom they turned around and bought your product from! This is not a store they are buying products from other companies and having them ship to your house! they are also paying more then what we payed for the item.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

nhayempour
Contributor
Contributor

i am wondering the same thing i just  bought a 160 dollar set for 90 dollars on their site 

really is a too good deal

Login to Me Too

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

What was the timing on yours?  I ordered 1/1 and got no response to my emails until I sent the following -

Please respond to my earlier emails!  I think this is a scam and I will receive refurbed or counterfeit merchandise.  You are impossible to contact and have no record on the internet to check.  I want the item by regret placing the order with you.  I couldn't find the chronographs yesterday when I looked where I had found them before but happened to find them under Marine Electronics later - maybe a simple error but not a good sign of how professional your business is!  

I want the item but only if it factory new and the genuine article.  If it is not, CANCEL the order immediately and refund my payment.  I have opened a fraud issue with Paypal and they are waiting for me to direct them to begin their procedures.  I don't think you want to be on record as a scam artist.

Please respond by the end of day to let me know your intentions.  Thanks.

I actially did contact the fraud unit @ pp credit and started an issue - I received this -

Don't worry - our item is brand new.

I followed up w/ an email about when I could expect it but have not heard back.  Will update if I hear more - pp credit has my complaint pending - they said I was protected by their Buyer Protection Plan and to keep them advised.  

rd back.

Login to Me Too

MeganK44

My son wanted a Lego set that was sold out everywhere or was $150 if we did find it.  They had it for $99.99, so he gave me all his Christmas money and purchased it on 1/3/18.  They processed my charge and then I heard nothing.  I contacted them again on 1/18 to see where the item was.  On 1/20 I got no explanation except an email saying that the order was refunded.  The credit is STILL not back on my credit card as of 1/30.  I've sent them more emails saying that I want the credit asap and no replies.  I am so mad that I have to waste my time trying to get $100 of my kid's money back, not to mention how disappointed he was that he found the Lego set he really wanted and now is out the Christmas money and the toy!!!  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hello everyone,

I am so sorry to hear of everyone's negative experience with this merchant. If you haven't already, please open disputes on these purchases if you did not receive your order or if it was not as described. DarthFring, only receiving one item instead of two would be considered a not as described dispute. 

Opening a dispute will not only help to receive a refund, but also help us investigate issues with a particular merchant. Here is information on how to open a dispute: http://bit.ly/2yWDJKo

Thank you,

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

DarthFring
Contributor
Contributor

wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am so sorry to hear of everyone's negative experience with this merchant. If you haven't already, please open disputes on these purchases if you did not receive your order or if it was not as described. DarthFring, only receiving one item instead of two would be considered a not as described dispute. 

Opening a dispute will not only help to receive a refund, but also help us investigate issues with a particular merchant. Here is information on how to open a dispute: http://bit.ly/2yWDJKo

Thank you,

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

It has been suggested by some in this thread that this merchant (Tha Du Store) is using a triangle scheme involving stolen credit cards.  How and in what way does pay pal protect customers in this situation?

An example:  The customer receives the item ordered and paid with pay pal.  The customer is satisfied with the transaction.  Months from now the customer has to return the item because it was bought by the merchant with a stolen credit card.  What is pay pals policy regarding that type of situation?

Login to Me Too

nhayempour
Contributor
Contributor
So in the end I got my Lego set they bought it from toys r us and sent it to me ,
Login to Me Too

Sreyes3
Contributor
Contributor
Was the item ever sent? Or were you able to cancel payment?
Login to Me Too

dwildemn
Contributor
Contributor

Did you receive item or get refund?  What was the timing on yours?  I ordered 1/1 and got no response to my emails until I sent the following -

Please respond to my earlier emails!  I think this is a scam and I will receive refurbed or counterfeit merchandise.  You are impossible to contact and have no record on the internet to check.  I want the item by regret placing the order with you.  I couldn't find the chronographs yesterday when I looked where I had found them before but happened to find them under Marine Electronics later - maybe a simple error but not a good sign of how professional your business is!  

I want the item but only if it factory new and the genuine article.  If it is not, CANCEL the order immediately and refund my payment.  I have opened a fraud issue with Paypal and they are waiting for me to direct them to begin their procedures.  I don't think you want to be on record as a scam artist.

Please respond by the end of day to let me know your intentions.  Thanks.

I actially did contact the fraud unit @ pp credit and started an issue - I received this on 1/3 -

Don't worry - our item is brand new.

I followed up w/ an email about when I could expect it but have not heard back.  Will update if I hear more - pp credit has my complaint pending - they said I was protected by their Buyer Protection Plan and to keep them advised.  
Login to Me Too

kbppaulk
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from here on the 3rd and had emailed them because i had an address mix up not a big deal it would just go to my parents house instead of mine and couldnt get a respond back then i started looking at the site and online and now im not sure what to think..... and when i paid i didnt feel like actually logging into my paypal account so i just paid as guest.... would i still be able to get my money back if this is fake or a scam?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.