Taking too long

Beckyd40
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered some items from JC Penney on 7-29 using PayPal. I got an e-mail from JC Penney about an hour later saying that something was wrong with my payment and to call them. I called them and the rep didn't seem too concerned when I explained that I had used PayPal. He said they take a while to release the funds. I was worried because JC Penney said they would cancel the order if they hadn't received funds by August 1st. Now it is August 1st and nothing appears to have been paid and is all still in a pending status. I have tried to e-mail PayPal but have had no response. How long does it take for them to release funds? I have never had this happen before. I use PayPay quite frequently rather than enter in all the credit card information. Guess I should have just used the credit card, my order would probably already be on the way. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Beckyd40
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass.  This makes me feel a little bit better.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.