Suspicious “non deliver”

Pajasa
Contributor
Contributor

I can’t help who bids on my EBay auction, but after they said they did not receive a VERY expensive item (almost $3,000) I discovered that the buyer, who had a feedback rating of only 2, had their last feedback received almost 10 YEARS AGO.

i shipped the item by USPS tracking, but nothing else....no signature, etc. and person is claiming they never received it, despite tracking saying it was delivered. 

How worried should I be?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You should be EXTREMELY worried and plan for a full refund WITHOUT fee reversal.

The buyer may or may not have received the item; either way, it isn't relevant.  The buyer may just be a very smart, intelligent, savvy, and knowledgable buyer who realizes that you were not so smart in sending without signature confirmtion.

One of requirements for PayPal seller protection is signature confirmation upon delivery; you failed to comply with that so a PayPal dispute for non-delivery will be won by the buyer; you have no case.

When a refund is forced, the fees are not reversed so they remain.

Login to Me Too

Pajasa
Contributor
Contributor

I know you are right. Hopefully it won’t come to that, although I would not call a THIEF , “smart, intelligent, savvy and knowledgeable “ as you just did, unless you think such an act has some admirable qualities.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My point was that there are buyers who attempt to scam sellers.  They do this by being extremely smart, intelligent, savvy, and very knowledgable about PayPal policies.  Buyers need to become event smarter, more savvy, more intelligent, and more knowledgable about PayPal policies and unscrupulous buyers.  You need to outsmart them BEFORE a sale is complete and shipped.  

PayPal will not protect you from bad seller judgement--like not requiring signature confirmation.  Sellers need to know to be the first line of defense against these buyers.

You learned a potentially very expensive lesson.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is it priority or first class?

there is insurance included with USPS priority,unfortunately it is only 100 and if it said delivered,you dont qualify.

try this-

call USPS 1-800 NUMBER and give them the tracking number and see if they can see more than you see on USPS website.

call the local post office and ask t o speak to the postman on his route.

call the buyer and talk to him.

rehearse your call with the buyer,you may want to sound assertive and polite ,let him know you have contacted his post office,USPS and his local police ,you worry that his neighborhood may not be that safe and ask him toc heck with neighbor and surrounding.

it may not work,if he knows he can get a freebie,but you did not get signature,you have no insurance,you are going to lose if he files item    not received

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I f this is Ebay sales,Ebay has a hi value customer service dept serving seller with item over $1k,but I dont think there is anything they can do for y ou and they wont tell y ou anything about your buyer either.

ebayers usually have more than one ID,for selling,buying,mischief,browsing,he could be using an old ID

Login to Me Too

Pajasa
Contributor
Contributor

Fortunately the buyer finally received the item. They had an old address on their EBay account, but now all is well.

THANKS to everyone for their advice and comments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.