Suspected fraudulent charge - 402-935-7733

Rennieh
Contributor
Contributor

A charge for $12.73 has appeared on my bank statement citing "PayPal *Igottrade402-935-7733/VISA Purchase (non-pin) as the payee. There is no corresponding notation in my PayPal on-line records. This is my linked account.

I did a little research on line and found three totally different stories behind this. One says its a legitamate PayPal charge to cover insufficient funds in my PayPal account. Another says it is a scam and needs to be reported to both PayPal and my bank.

Which is correct? If it's ligit, why does it not show in my PalPal statement?

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

scooby20
New Community Member

Missed a call from this number about a half hour after sending payment for a single user license of the ZBrush 3D modeling application. This was my first large purchase through Paypal. Called Paypal back via the Contact link after finding this thread and they confirmed the original call from <removed> originated with Paypal and that it was a routine charge confirmation - due to the payment being above average relative to my payment history. Also confirmed that, should you answer the call, you will be prompted with transaction details and the option to confirm or dispute the charge(s) in question. If you do not answer, the transaction will go through as scheduled. No issues on my account, no strange charges appearing anywhere.

Login to Me Too

AB8
Contributor
Contributor

This was NOT a fraudulent charge for me.  It was a local merchant, small business, that uses PayPal to process online payments.

Login to Me Too

Stuirene
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a Logictech keyboard. Was charged $59.95. Got a bill on my Cap One via PayPal. Line item was CENTURIONTE402-935-7733CA. Googled and was was led to believe I might have been hacked. Called PayPal and was told that I had bought a keyboard, which I had from this site. So..., before you jump to conclusions, as I did, investiget a little further.

Login to Me Too

Stuirene
Contributor
Contributor

After a little further research we verified that it WAS NOT a hack, I did buy the keybord and did owe PayPal the $59.95.

Login to Me Too

Arcfall5
New Community Member

I also received a fraudulent charge on the credit card attached to my PayPal account. In October the charge of $53.24 was made and was identified as PayPal *BLACKDRAGON 402-935-7733 CA, PROFESSIONAL SERVIC. 

This is a bogus charge, and I will call my credit card company to fight it.

Login to Me Too

kafarrell
New Community Member

This phone number just appeared on my Discover card and I had no idea what it was, so I started doing research when I found this.  I continued my research and found it was a purchase that I made on ebay, paid through paypal using my Discover card, so it was a legitimate charge.

Login to Me Too

pointmen1997

I am also showing a charge for $19.74  on October 23rd.  

This is how it shows in my bank (WF):  "CHECK CRD PURCHASE 10/22 PAYPAL *WWWROSEGAL 402-935-7733 CA 434256XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX ?MCC=<removed>"

We have not received anything though my wife did order something through rosegal.com (at least we think it was the legitimate rosegal.com) around this date.  

This transaction does not show in my paypal account.  Can you please verify whether or not this is a legitimate paypal transaction.

Login to Me Too

MamaTrauma
New Community Member

The telephone number 402-935-7733 shows up on ALL PayPal charges. Ignore it. It's PayPal's number.  It's the NAME of the company or person on the line item that matters.

Login to Me Too

ssteele1987
New Community Member

what did it say?

Login to Me Too

rsqskip

Just received a CC bill that had a May 26 charge of $249.00 payed to "Momentumman"! at that phone number. Advising PayPal and the CC company now. Thanks for the help!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.