Suspecious looking email from Paypal

Bumpa
Contributor
Contributor

I got this email and will not open it - is it a scam?

Do not reply to this email.

Reminder: We have notified that some of your accounts [gRtW6]

Dear.................,

We rountinely review your account acivity in the PayPal system. When we reviewing your account, we noticed that your acitivity violates some of the agreements you have with us.

Because of this, you can't access your account and can no longer offer our services to you. You'll still be able to log in to view your transaction history you won't be able to send or receive payment.

This will affect your ability to:

• Send or receive money
  • Withdraw money
  • Remove any Bank Accounts
  • Remove Credit Cards
  • Close your account

Please log in to your account and provide information before January 16, 2018 through the Account review. If we don't receive the infomation before this deadline or we notice additional significant changes in your activity, your account access may be further limited

Resolve my account

Disclaimer - PayPal is not responsible for promotions offered by third parties and you should read Terms & Conditions relating to promotions on merchant websites.

This email is to .............. because your email preferences have been set up to receive promotions from PayPal / Third Party Partners.

Do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to any questions that are returned to this address.

Copyright © 2018 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What was the REAL email address of the sender, not the spoofed address?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bumpa

As i can't see what followed 'Dear' then read this and see if it fits >>

If its a spoof, DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email to ''cancel'' the transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What was the REAL email address of the sender, not the spoofed address?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.