Suggestions on resolution please

avee79
New Community Member

Hi all,

I purchased a gazebo off of eBay in September and when I rec'd the item, it was damaged AND did not match the description at all!

I contacted the seller and they provided a return label for which they were going to charge me almost $100 to return. 

After going back and forth, I was pretty angry and disappointed- they were treating me like crap and were not really wanting to try to work with me at all. 

They finally agreed to send me a return label, but then I was required to drop it off myself at a UPS drop off facility. After all that, I felt I was being retaliated against and indicated they would not send a driver to get the gazebo from me. 

I explained to them that I DO NOT HAVE A WAY of dropping off the gazebo myself. IT WAS TOO BIG to fit in my car!

I tried to appeal it with PayPal and to no avail.

Here I have a damaged product and one that does not even come close to what was described, and am still stuck with an almost $800 payment.

What are your suggestions, if any? Other than the obvious of just eating the cost and be stuck with this gazebo?

Thank you so much!

~avee79

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avee79

You can open a dispute for item received but not as described but you would more than likely have to return the item back to the seller first at your own expense.

However if you had activated the below link before you bought the item paypal may well have helped with those costs, also could you not choose a courier company that would pick it up from your home?

https://slickdeals.net/f/8168734-paypal-offering-to-cover-return-shipping-costs-4-times-up-to-30-per...

Secondly if that is not feasible AND you funded that paypal payment via a credit card (something i think everyone should do), then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ebay gives you 30 days to file item not as described and make the seller pay return shipping,but you have missed the deadline.

that Paypal label you could qualify I think max is $35.

so now you have to rely on your cc issuer and file a chargeback,with a gazebo,your cc issuer will make you return the item,

ebay is the only venue which can make  seller pays return shipping as it just add the cost to his seller account but cc or payment processor like Paypal has no rights to do so.

next time,ask yourself when you buy in cyberspace,what happens if item is not as described.

haveyou asked the seller if they will pick up some repair cost?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.