Strange email

Nrgee15
New Community Member

Wife received email supposedly from PayPal saying she authorized a purchase from Wish (Context Logic). The shipping address is in CO and we live in MN. The name is Linda <removed>. My wife doesnt have a PP account. What is rhe best way to contact someone to resolve this or make someone aware of this.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If the email was not from PayPal then there is nothing to resolve.  Just ignore as with other spams and scams.

Login to Me Too

Meg808
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if the email is legitimate, or not.  It has the Paypal logo and looks legit. But it asks me to dispute the purchase (which I didn't make) and when I click on the LOGIN icon (that looks like PayPal), it asks for my username & passoword to my PayPal account.  However, the sender email address is <removed>.  Legit or not?

Login to Me Too

Meg808
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I just received a reply to my query to PayPal.  You can forward any questionable emails to spoof@paypal.com to verify if an email you receive is real or not.

Login to Me Too

Swiss11
New Community Member

I received the same email but I DO have a paypal account. There are links on the email that brings me to the paypal page to log in.

I checked my account but there is no charges on my account as of yet. I will keep a close eye on it. The email has a transaction number and an invoice number.  The email says, "money won't leave your account until WISH (ContextLogic Inc.) processes your order." Very strange and concerning.

Login to Me Too

Merlin888
Contributor
Contributor

I received the same email today, but I never click links in these emails so I immediately opened a new browser and logged into my PP acct, and no such transaction was there. I forwarded the email to spoof@paypal.com.

This same company did make charges to one of my Visa cards, so the fraud department of Visa is investigating.
Nothing like this has happened to me before, so I can only guess it is becuase of the recent Experian breech. Grrr...

Login to Me Too

MIckeyOK
New Community Member

Spoof email

The first clue I got was this did not come to my regular PP email address.

The second clue this was a phishing attempt was the quick link on the login button.

I did NOT attempt to login from this link. I entered PP normally and didn't see the transaction.

This email is attempting to get your account login information.

I suspect if you look at the email your recieved the PP Transaction ID will match the one on this email, assuming everyone got the same email.  I doubt the spoofer went to the length of incremnting the transaction ID to give it legitimacy. They are looking for the gullible, quick clickers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.