Stolen ebay and paypal account

calebnj
New Community Member

So yesterday I got an email of an order confirmation of a 705$ purchase on ebay through paypal using my debit card. It's shipping to (My name) <removed> United States and I live in MN with charges on the same day in MN. I filed claims through ebay, paypal, and wells fargo and they said they will investigate it. What are the chances I get my money back? I reported this a couple hours later and tried cancelling the ebay order but was too late.  Ebay told me to attach a file stating it was a fraud purchase that they sent me to my paypal claim but I'm not sure how to add that on.

The bottom line is I cannot afford to lose $705 as that put me $280 negative in my bank account and I will be unable to pay rent.  I am in college and I would have to end up dropping out to work more hours just to catch back up.  The item should ship sometimes later today 01/18/2018 from https://www.ebay.com/usr/best_buy?ul_noapp=true (best buys ebay) and it is nearly impossible to contact them telling them to cancel it, I've sent them multiple messages and called them but they say I need to contact ebay, paypal, and wells fargo, which I did.

Is there ANYTHING else I can do to make sure I get my money back?  I don't even understand how the scammer logged into my paypal and ebay from a different computer without needing verification through email or phone.  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Caleb

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.