Someone stole money from my account and I can't contact PayPal to stop it.

hyoahn
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I was notified that someone is buying something using my paypal account.   Immediately I called PayPal but no one answered the phone.  I started writing an email to PayPal expecting they would fix it right away. This someone was starting to buy more and five more transactions were notified.  so I reported five more emails to PayPal.  Previously PayPal responded to email promptly so I didn't worry about it.  So far I have not received any email and one transaction ($629.99) is changed to the completed state.  I did try to call them again but of course they didn't answer it.  Does anyone know what should I do now?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you go each each transaction and dispute it as unauthorized?

Login to Me Too

hyoahn
Contributor
Contributor
I searched web and it is said that I can cancel the transaction by clicking on "detail" link. So I tried to do that but when I clicked on "detail" nothing happens.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to find each transaction line on your PayPal activity or summary page.  There will be an option to dispute.

Who notified you that someone is buying stuff with your account?

Login to Me Too

hyoahn
Contributor
Contributor
There is no disput button. I was notified by email.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Who sent the email?  What are the contents of the email?

What tranactions show in your PayPal summary or activity page?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.