Someone Trying To Get Their Money Back

dgonz204
Contributor
Contributor
Hello community! I recently sent someone a pair of shoes after they sent me $120 as a gift but now he's claiming he never got the shoes and demanding a refund. I know for a fact he got the shoes so should I ignore his demands? I don't want to refund him because then I would lose money. What should I do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If the money was sent as family/friends then there is NO refund option so you can't refund.  

Send a message to the buyer that you have no refund option and then ignore any more messages.

Just be aware that a smart buyer would use a credit card for payment and then file a dispute with credit card.

You really should look all potential outcomes for your actions.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If the money was sent as family/friends then there is NO refund option so you can't refund.  

Send a message to the buyer that you have no refund option and then ignore any more messages.

Just be aware that a smart buyer would use a credit card for payment and then file a dispute with credit card.

You really should look all potential outcomes for your actions.

Login to Me Too

dgonz204
Contributor
Contributor
What would happen if the person tried to dispute the transaction?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@dgonz204 wrote:
What would happen if the person tried to dispute the transaction?

since it is friend and family,there is no seller protection from Paypal.

did you ship with tracking,if so,what does it say?

you will probably lose if he files chargeback and get hit with a $20 fee plus payment plus the shoes.

so work with him ,show him the tracking results,check with neighbors and post office

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.