Somebody tried to open an account with my info?

Drader_J
New Community Member

just got a letter stating that someone tried to open an account or make a payment and that it was declined for either not having the correct information or being fraudulent I think it was someone trying to open an account because they spelled my name wrong in every place on the letter and it is clearly spelled on my account should I be worried or take any more precautions (i.e. contact my bank, cancel credit cards, etc)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Drader_J,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized creation, that is definitely a concern. Based on what you've said, it sounds like someone may have tried to create a PayPal Credit account with your information, and I would advise contacting us right away so we can ensure nothing is open in your name without your permission.

Also, you'll want to notify the credit bureaus that your information is compromised so they can see what options you may have regarding protecting your information. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.