Somebody stole my money

Lorraine96
New Community Member

I have an old paypal account, which I have forgot the password, but somebody sent to me a phishing e-mail, that somebody changed my password in that account. This e-mail contained  a link. Unfortunatelly I opened the link, and after that one minute later somebody took off almost 2 dollar from my bank account. Than I blocked my card, but I can't sing up to that account. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Lorraine96,

I'm very sorry to hear about the unauthorized access to your account! Since you clicked a malicious link, I would recommend running a virus scan on your computer, to be on the safe side.

Since you can't get into your account, please contact customer support to report the unauthorized activity. A representative will be able to help re-secure your account and assess the damage, and open any necessary claims for investigation. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.