Somebody asking for my PayPal email address and password. is it safe to give it?

Yuichi
New Community Member

Hi,

Today a person who is in the same social group as me, asked me if I can give her my PayPal email address and password for her to use. She lives out of states and in a country where she can't open PayPal account. When she said that she can't open PayPal account from where she lives, immediately I was suspicious of her. However, the story she told me about not being able to run her business without PayPal account and how her study will stop if she can not run her business, made me feel bad for doubting her. I gave her the account name and password. So, my question is if there is any problem to let somebody else use my PayPal account? I should mention here, my PayPal account isn't linked with any of my cards or bank and I don't use the account much. I created a fake account just for her but still I am curious what would have happened if I gave my real one. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It  is YOUR PayPal acocunt.  NEVER give anyone else access to your PayPal account.  NEVER give your PayPal password to another person.

I don't understand why you would even consider as story.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.