So frustrated!!!! BEWARE of LightsinHome.com

dutrall
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a light fixture and paid via PayPal thinking that my purchase would be protected in case the item didn't show up or was not as described.

It turns out that I am going to have to pay to ship two oversized, heavy boxes back to China because the seller refuses to replace damaged parts (8 damaged parts), even though I sent pictures of all of the damage.  They also didn't ship all of the parts and although they did ship some of the missing parts, there are still vital parts missing.  The light is totally unusable at this point.  And since they didn't send a single page of instructions, I have no idea how to even begin to try to find or have someone make me the missing parts to make this light usable.

Despite several emails to the "company" and working through the resolution center and making two phone calls, I'm told that return shipping is on me.  This company must know that most people will find it cost prohibitive to pay shipping to China, so they are able to send inferior, damaged, and incomplete products with impunity.  They get to keep all of my money that Paypal enabled them to receive.

I will never use PayPal for a high cost item again.  And I will never order another high end product from China again, no matter how slick and professional their website looks.  What a costly lesson to learn.

Does anyone know if I have any recourse to recoup the return shipping cost?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It doesn't seem that PayPal was the problem, rather the seller is just following their own return policies which should have been available for reading before the purchase.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Checked the site.  Product specs, size instruction, voltage selection, FAQs where the returns policies are, are in the product pages. Exchange and returns policy link at bottom of all pages.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dutrall
Contributor
Contributor

I did read the policy and I followed the instructions by emailing them immediately, taking photos and emailing photos of the damage to them, and told them which items were missing.  For one of the items, they told me that the "design has change from online.  We hope you can understand."  When I replied that that I was still missing items, they replied that I could return everything if I wished.  What I wished was that I had received the item I had ordered, undamaged.  And barring that, I wished they would have sent me all of the missing parts and replaced the damaged ones.  I can understand my being responsible for shipping if I was returning the item simply because I'd changed my mind or didn't like the way it looked.  But I did not expect to be responsible for return shipping on a bait and switch transaction.  

A lot of companies I order from have similar return policies.  However, when the company is clearly in the wrong, they've sent postage paid return labels.  Again, lesson learned.  

Login to Me Too

dutrall
Contributor
Contributor

You're right, the seller was the problem.  But I'm frustrated that PayPal endorses a company who defrauds their customers.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal does NOT endorse any seller; PayPal only permits each seller to use PayPal services.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.