Should I cancel dispute?

jessert
Contributor
Contributor

I just put in a dispute about an unauthorized charge. What happened was I canceled a subscription and got an email from Paypal confirming the cancelation but i still got charged. The company said they would refund my money if I will cancel the dispute with Paypal. If I cancel the Paypal dispute will I lose Paypal protection or can I submit the dispute again if they don't give me a refund?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When a seller agrees to the refund, the dispute will close automatically.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Generally, if you close the dispute, it's over--finished, no more action.  It means you are happy with the current satus.

Each case will be different and you provided sufficient details.

Why did you claim the charge was not autorized?  Was the unauthorized claim through PayPal or credit card company?

What protection would you expect to have?  It's not related to delivery of any goods or services, so there may not even be any buyer protection.  

Do you think the company would really refund if it was not forced to refund?

Do you really think you can win the dispute?

Login to Me Too

jessert
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the quick response. I had canceled a monthly subscription and have proof of the cancelation from Paypal. I guess Should I let them know that I can only cancel the dispute after they refund my money?

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When a seller agrees to the refund, the dispute will close automatically.

Login to Me Too

Red
Contributor
Contributor

I also received an unauthorized charge and need to dispute it but I don't see a button for that. How did you do that?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.