Shipping to buyer - I just want to ensure that these are legitimate PayPal emails

Erinpow
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I posted an item of mine on an online community for my city. I had someone from another province contact me. Offering me more money so that I would ship the item to them. I received three emails from PayPal. The first one stating that I had received a payment, email subject "notification of an instant payment", 2nd "you've got a payment !!!", 3rd "***confirmation of your payment***". I just want to ensure that these are legitimate PayPal emails before mailing anything. They are being sent from: <removed> I feel like this is possibly not a paypal email address since it ends in (at)mail.com Also there is a sentence that I'm not super sure is correct grammar. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erinpow

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere else and offer a higher price to tempt you.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.