Shipping and Postage

MomofBoyz
New Community Member

Ok so I am trying to figure out if a seeler is full of pooand trying to scam me or just doesn't know she has an option of recovery.

I bought something and this is a private seller Not a business owner. I got a pre-shipment from PayPal when the label was created on a Wednesday. Seller went to the USPS office the next Tuesday, 6 Dyas Later. This was due to unforseeable life events, according to them. When there seller was told the shipping labels had expired and they would need to purchasee new postage and now is out the postage thru PayPal plus the extra postage they had to pay at the post office to get the item shipped. So I guess Im asking if what I am being told is truthful? I mean I know pre-printed labels do expire, but 6 days?

Thanks

G

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Depends on the Post Office - she could have shipped it but, if she encounted a postal employee who goes by the book - then the package would be rejected.  Regardless, it's her responsibly to resolve the issue.  If you're uncomfortable with this transaction, you should request a refund - start with a dispute and esclate it to a claim.  (I would.)

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

depend on where she printed the shipping label and what kind of label?

if it is USPS priority and printed on USPS website,she may be able to void that label and get her money back/

But it is not your problem she cant ship on time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.