Shipped item but paypal address is wrong

bakubaymon
Contributor
Contributor

So, I recently sold an item that was ~180 bucks through PayPal, and I made sure that I bought the shipping slip through PayPal to have the seller protection, the item was officially delivered today, however, the buyer's current address is different than that of the one on their PayPal and I'm not sure what to do. If I give a full refund I just lose the item(shipped to the wrong address I highly doubt I'm getting it back in the mail by whoever now lives there) plus the 180. I did everything right on my part, it was just the buyer who didn't update their PayPal address. Would it be wrong to only give a partial refund to recoup some of my loses?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Look at the PayPal transaction details page.

Did you ship to the address that PayPal indicated that you should use for seller protection?  The answer is necessary before stating what you should do.

Login to Me Too

bakubaymon
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I shipped to the address that was attached to their PayPal account

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you dont have to refund  a dime,you shipped to the address they gave Paypal and you get seller protection if they say they did not get it,as tracking shows it has been delivered.

it is their fault they did not update their shipping address. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.