Sent item to wrong person and negative balance due to pending.

Gavpotwin
New Community Member
It started as I was selling two items on grailed, a jacket and a sweater, both to different customers. Both payments have been pending for about a week now therefore I did not ship the jacket so I refunded the man who bought the jacket. Although, his payment is still pending and now because of my refund my PayPal account is now negative. In the same day of this refund I ended up shipping the sweater, but come to find out I shipped the sweater to the wrong person and that person is the man who bought the jacket. Meanwhile both payments are pending, the sweater is going to the wrong location and I don't know what to do. Help please
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How did you refund the jacket buyer?is it a separate transaction since the original one is withheld?

you can ask the jacket buyer to forward the sweater or refuse it,so it would come back to you.

you can also upload tracking of the sweater to the jacket transaction,once delivered,after 3-7 days,the money would be released.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

YOu can't refund a pending transaction, so exactly how did you refund?

Sending an item to the wrong person is likely a loss as you can't force the recipient to do anything about it.

Why would you ship anditem when payment was pending?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.