Sending an item back from different location

feetcher
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I want to ask if anyone can answer me. I bought an item from Germany and I got it on my German address. When I went back to my country (Bulgaria) I found out that the item wasn't working (hadn't tested it before that, I unpacked it when I was back in Bulgaria already). I've filed a complaint since the seller refused to accept a return, PayPal answered and decided I have to send the item back to the seller. Now the issue is - I don't have work in Germany in the timeframe that PayPal gave me for sending the item back, so I will be sending it from Bulgaria. I am fine with paying a bit more for the delivery and it will include tracking number and proof of delivery as per PayPal requirements, but still I am sending it from a different country. Will this be a problem? (Both my German and Bulgarian addresses are confirmed in PayPal by the way)

I wrote to PayPal support, but I only received an automated response that blabla it's best if I call them and so on, so I don't know if I will actually get a real response or the automated message is all I will get (which would be pretty stupid since it's supposed to be a SUPPORT center...).

Thanks for anyone answering

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

feetcher
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so I called PayPal and the representitive said there will be no problem that I will send the item from Bulgaria, as long as it has a tracking number and it's directed to the address of the seller they gave me. Awesome!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There may be a more serious problem.  Did you make the purchse with a German PayPal account.  if so, then you'll have a problem since that account is for Germany and attempting to use in in Bulgaria may cause the account to be limited.  If the account is from Bulgaria, you may now have a problem because you used it in Germany.

Phone calls are better than email but will take persistence and patience.

The first email response is always automatic and unreleated.  You need to reply to that automatic message with specific details and a request for a person to look at it.  It will take days to resolve.

Login to Me Too

feetcher
Contributor
Contributor

Well I used the account to buy through eBay, I've bought over 150 items that way and never had a problem with my account?
The last part of your message is really helpful, but at the end of the message it says.

"Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page."

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Typically, when you send an email while logged in to your account you get an auto reply with the option to reply for more information.  

So, I don't understand how you sent the message for help.

Click on the "contact" link for help and then select the option for email.

Login to Me Too

feetcher
Contributor
Contributor

Well I am logged in, was logged in when I wrote the message and this message is in the message center of PayPal (and I can see it only when logged in). There's no email option in the Help & contact page of PayPal... When I open it there's "Call customer support|Message Center|Resolution center" and help topics and answers below, nothing else. So I go to Message Center and send the question there.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When Paypal asks you to return the item to the seller,you must return it to the address Paypal gives you  with tracking,once it shows it has been delivered (if $750 or whatever Euro is,signature confirmation) to that address,Paypal would refund you .

The refund will go back to the account which you use to purchase and pay for the item.

I dont think you must ship from Germany but one problem I see is tracking,you will be entering a tracking number from Bulgaria,when it comes time for Paypal robot to check to see if it has been delivered,it would take your tracking number to the German postal website and it would not be a valid tracking number.

This is a problem I see,unless you can find a way to let Paypal (robot) knows it should be going to Bulgaria postal site not Deustche post site.

Unless you use a carrrier like DHL.

GO to the case and see if there is a place for you to enter tracking number AND carrier.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Post office will keep track of incoming shipments and you can type in a tracking number which originates from a foreign country but delivered in that country,but it is not 100% proof.

I have Australian n buyers who return an item to me (USA)  with tracking,if I take the tracking number to Aussie website,it would say delivered,but if I go to USPS website,it would not.

So your best bet is to use a private carrier like DHL,if you can enter the carrier name in your case(resolutioncenter)

Login to Me Too

feetcher
Contributor
Contributor

I will be using Interlogistica, which is a part of the GLS group and the tracking number will be available at the system which the robot will check, so I don't think there will be a problem with the tracking information.
As long as there's no problem shipping from outside Germany that will be great! Because I'm sure if the seller has the option to not refund me after he gets his item back - he won't refund me... -.-

Login to Me Too
Solved

feetcher
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so I called PayPal and the representitive said there will be no problem that I will send the item from Bulgaria, as long as it has a tracking number and it's directed to the address of the seller they gave me. Awesome!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.