Sending Money

mnrahman
New Community Member
If someone sends me money as a friend, can they claim their money back through PayPal in any way? In other words, is there any chance for me to lose the money?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mnrahman,

Thank you for posting in the community!

The friends and family feature is meant for gifts from people you know, where there is no expectation of value in return, so there is no Purchase Protection involved with such payments. However, there is also no Seller Protection involved, for the same reason. If the funds turn out to have been sent fraudulently, the original owner of the funds would be reimbursed. Those are the circumstances under which you could potentially find the funds reversed. It would be best to only accept friends and family payments from trusted friends and family to mitigate any risk.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.