Selling item, buyer paid and paypal email in spam

Ahmad1994
Contributor
Contributor

Hey

i put an item on ebay to sell it there, a customer sent me that he is interested in buying it immediately without bids.. i said okay 

he asked for my paypal email, i gave it to him, now he sent me a message on my email telling me that he sent the money and it’s pending, but i checked my paypal and there was no pending money.. and he want me to ship the item today.. 

he told me that i should find the paypal payment confirmation in my inbox or spam, 

i checked and yeah it was in the spam, 

any help figuring out if it is a scam or real please!! 

those are the emails that are supposed to be the confirmation payment, the email adress is  <removed> 

the first email: 

PayPal - the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. NOTE: This transaction is Covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy.

Due to the New PayPal Payment Policy: The funds sent to you from the buyer "xx" has been successfully transferred into your PayPal Account but being held until the shipment tracking number is confirmed. Funds has been debited from the buyer's account. However, Pending Payment may not be accessible in your account until we are able to verify the Shipment Tracking Number that the item is in transit.

Payment is presently appearing as "PENDING" in your account, will be "APPROVED" when the verification process is completed. Below is the process to send the shipment tracking number in order to complete the verification of the transaction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Tracking Number must be e-mailed through our Automated Verification ISL. You may contact PayPal customer service by Clicking Here and Quote the Above Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team.
Copyright © 1999-2018 PayPal. All rights reserved.
PayPal PPC001017:dee4a73492200

—————

the second email ( includes a table, that’s why it’s messy with copy paste, and i removed the numbers and names ) 

Hello xx,

This is to confirm to you that xx has sent you $$ USD

Payment Details

Transaction ID: xxxxxxx

eBay item #: xxxxxxx
Item title: Nikon D D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) + accessories

Quantity 1

Price $$ USD

Subtotal $$ USD

Shipping Fees: $$ USD

Total: $$ USD

————————

thanks in advance, waiting for a reply.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ahmad1994

This is a typical scam  ..................

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout. They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.
They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ahmad1994

This is a typical scam  ..................

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout. They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.
They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ahmad1994
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot 

you are very helpful

i thought so too, everything seems suspicious 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.