Selling Online Service (without shipping address) instead of a physical product

OddStorm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello dear community,
Our business was using PayPal for many years but we had it integrated as we were selling a product.
This causes problems because this way we can't be protected by "Sellers protection" because we are selling access to online services in subscription basic and we are not actually "shipping" the product and the product is virtual and not "physical". This leads to refunds to the buyer even if he has purchased and used the service already because he is under "Buyer protection". In the beginning, it was not a big deal but when we start receiving requests for refunds from people who are our regular members only because they have discovered that there is such option and there is nothing we could do and PayPal will refund their money, no matter what we were forced to remove PayPal as a payment method.

My question is:
1) Is there a way to sell "service" instead of "product" without "shipping" it and where is the documentation for the API integration for such way of selling our "services"?
2) Will I be protected against such refund requests if I start selling Service instead of Product and what should I do to be protected by PayPal?
Thank you all in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

OddStorm
Contributor
Contributor

Someone help please 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.