Seller taking time to issue refund, claims needs to be verified to issue refund

kevint17
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all, 

I tried buying a phone from someone and I sent them the money. After a couple days, they told me that they were unable to ship the item out and that they'd be refunding me. The payment was made November 27th, I raised a claim on Dec 1st. I've been contacting the seller to recieve my refund, I normally get a reply after a few days. In the latest email, they told me that they are waiting to get their account verified to issue my refund. I'm wondering if this is true or if it's best for me to just escalate the claim to paypal and resolve my refund through the resolution center. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Escalate a non-receipt dispute to a claim just as quickly as you can.  That means NOW!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Escalate a non-receipt dispute to a claim just as quickly as you can.  That means NOW!

Login to Me Too

kevint17
Contributor
Contributor

So is verification not necessary to issue a refund?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Let the seller take care of seller issues.  They are not your concern.

If you want a refund you need to take care of the dispute process.  PayPal will follow PayPal policies.

Why are you letting the seller take control of what you do?

If you don't want to force the issue, that's OK, too, if you don't care about a refund.

Login to Me Too

kevint17
Contributor
Contributor

Will do, thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.