Seller's protection policy issue

GunnerMBT
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, exactly how and in which circumstances can a buyer ask for a full refund? Will the refund value automatically be taken from the seller's account? If a refund is asked, how can a seller prove the service or product was in fact what the costumer asked?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Conversations/messages are not relevant as they were not part of the sale.  If you are buying direct, make sure you seller provides a detailed invoice about the product; it also needs to include the name, address, and phone number of the business.  Paying without an invoice is high risk.

Deliveries need to be documented with a tracking number in the PayPal system; that's for seller protection.

As I understand, you are the seller and you an app (a virtual item) and that was the only part of the purchase that was paid with PayPal.

You failed on PayPal seller protection as PayPal does NOT provide seller protection for virtual items.  You will not be able to prove delivery of a virtual item; buyer will win a dispute.

As for the physical item, was it part of the payment or not.  If so, you didn't mention how it was delivered.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just follow ALL PayPal seller protection policies relating to what you sell and how you document the details.

The best way for protection about what you sell is to make sure your details are clear and your images match exactly to what you sell.  Don't leave any room for dispute.  Make sure your polcies are clear and that they don't go against PayPl policies

The not as desribed dispute is difficult to prove by buyer and equally difficult for the seller to disprove.  PayPal agents don't actually see the product before or after delivery so the dispute could go either way.

What is more important is that the seller attempt to resolve delivery issues BEFORE a dispute is opened.  The seller has a lot of personal discretion when it comes to resolving buyer issues.s

Login to Me Too

GunnerMBT
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, thanks for your answer! In this case, it was a small desktop app, which was paid when the product was delivered... So all the logs I have, is our conversations. If the costumer opens a dispute, I can prove (through the conversations) that what we agreed on is exactly what was delivered. Is this what you mean by documenting the details?

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Conversations/messages are not relevant as they were not part of the sale.  If you are buying direct, make sure you seller provides a detailed invoice about the product; it also needs to include the name, address, and phone number of the business.  Paying without an invoice is high risk.

Deliveries need to be documented with a tracking number in the PayPal system; that's for seller protection.

As I understand, you are the seller and you an app (a virtual item) and that was the only part of the purchase that was paid with PayPal.

You failed on PayPal seller protection as PayPal does NOT provide seller protection for virtual items.  You will not be able to prove delivery of a virtual item; buyer will win a dispute.

As for the physical item, was it part of the payment or not.  If so, you didn't mention how it was delivered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.