Seller refuses to refund me for a shoddy product, paid through friends (stupid I know)

TinyRage
New Community Member

Hi,

I ordered a custom cosplay for a convention this weekend back in October. The girl I commissioned it from is a good friend's girlfriend and I have seen her work in person as well as on her Facebook page. I paid her 10/22 and I did not get an update til December telling me that things had gotten crazy and she would get it finished and sent to me by late January. In February I messaged her for an update and was told she was just finishing the jacket and she would ship it the next day. Nothing until March 2nd when she messages me with the tracking number claiming it will arrive the following day. Flash forward to a week and a half before the con and it arrives, shoddy workmanship, cheap materials, 2 sizes too big and in the wrong color. I message her and tell her what is wrong and that I would like a refund and I would ship it back to her. She says she will not refund me but I could send the cosplay back for alterations and she will pay me back for shipping it and that if she had known earlier she would be able to do something. I was not sent 1 progress picture nor given any information at all until right before she shipped it and it was through an Instagram post using filters. I am out a lot of money for something unwearable, but she had asked me to pay through friends and I was stupid enough to trust her due to it being a friend's gf and on her recommendation. Is there anything I can do to get my money back? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.