Seller protection - Lost parcel

KatieC2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I sold an item £325 (iphone).

Everything is good and I post the phone away.

The tracking shows that Hermes picked up the item then took it into thier sorting HUB. It never came out of the HUB. They are now claiming they lost it. But will refuse to reimburse me.

The buyer quite rightly is asking for a refund which I am doing of course.

Where do I stand with seller protection he will put in a claim and get his money back from me. Will I recoup anything in regards to the phone? I have history of all tracking etc

thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KatieC2

Seller protection has nothing to do with an item being lost in the post, you need to take that up with your courier.

I am amazed they won't refund you for an item that they lost, personally i would take them to the small claims court or whatever you have similar in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KatieC2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

thank you,

i didn't think it did but thanks for confirming.I've lodged a compaint through Martin lewis and a helper that helps you post claims so i will wait and see, thanks.

i have no refunded the buyer he is quite upset because it was a great deal for the brand new condition and memory on the iphone

thanks

katie

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KatieC2

Did Hermes offer to try and trace it??

Disgusting service that.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

it wil go by Hermes 's policy on lost/damaged goods.

If it is like our Fed Exp,it does not offer insurance but indemnity,$100 for non jewelry max,$1000 for jewelry max .

So if your Hope diamond is lost,you get $1000 from Fed Exp,they expect you to take out insurance on your own with third party.

Iphones are good to steal,UPS used to have problem,workers inside UPS were stealing,they can tell from the shape of the package,the name of the sender that there is a phone inside. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.