Seller is Threatening to use my IP and release my information

Tigasar
New Community Member
So recently I bought two digital items from a seller I met on a fourm. He seemed trustworthy and had many positive reviews. The seller said he could deliver the items within 2-3 days. After corresponding with him for over two weeks and still not receiving the items I wanted to back out of the deal and I asked for a refund. He said that he had been working on my order for all this time and that I was scamming his out of his work. I opened a case with PayPal and explained what happened. Shortly after escalation the seller uploaded bogus tracking information which I am worried will close the case. He has messaged me to close the case and that he has my IP address and will ddos me. He also says that he will release my home address. He has done neither yet and they may be empty threats, but I am worried that if I win the case he will do both. How can I deal with this and can I report him to PayPal. (BTW he lives in Russia so police action is probably useless)
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.