Seller has his account LOCKED. Agreed to refund me in full. Can't access his account.

Aaron_Chandler
Contributor
Contributor

Seller has been in contact with me for a while. States his PayPal account required verification, he put in the wrong info, and GOT HIS ACCOUNT LOCKED. This means he CANNOT ISSUE ME A REFUND for the product I paid for. Which he also HAS NOT SHIPPED due to not receiving payment. I have two questions. 1. Can you refund this amount ($400.00) back to my account, and I'll continue to do business with this individual? Or 2. Can you suspend his account, AND refund my $400.00 back to my account? If his account is suspended due to be locked out, where does the money go? It surely has to be refunded back to my account, correct? Please respond with any advice you have. Just trying to make a purchase, from an honest individual. Thank you so much. "Paid with $12.00 PayPal balance $388.00 PNC BANK, NA x-****" -Aaron

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why don't you just file a dispute for item not received?

Login to Me Too

Aaron_Chandler
Contributor
Contributor

Would that help? Keep in mind the seller can't access his account.  Payment is "completed", and I'm assuming he already withdrew the money. This could be a scam, I have no idea. I simply want to resolve this and refund my hard earned money back. Again, would opening a dispute for item not received help this current situation?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @Aaron_Chandler

Thanks for dropping by the PayPal Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear that there's been a recent problem with a purchase. 😞

Depending on what's going on with the seller's account, it's possible they may not have the option to issue a refund directly. @DPCreations has the right idea if you've tried to work with the seller to get a refund and they have not or cannot issue a refund. 

When you open a dispute in the Resolution Center, you're opening a line of communication with the seller through the PayPal system to try to resolve the problem. The seller is also given an option to issue a refund through the Resolution Center after a dispute is opened. 

After a dispute is created, both the buyer and the seller have the opportunity to escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days if they cannot come to a mutual resolution of the problem. If a dispute is escalated for an item not received situation, PayPal will ask the seller to provide a tracking number for shipment. If the seller does not provide a tracking number within 10 calendar days, then a full refund would be issued to the buyer on the 11th day. 

There's more info on PayPal Buyer Protection here if you'd like some further details. 

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Aaron_Chandler
Contributor
Contributor

Why do I get this message when trying to file a case for this transaction?

Let's try that again

We're unable to file a case for this transaction.

Return to Resolution Center 

Login to Me Too

Aaron_Chandler
Contributor
Contributor
I get this message when trying to file a case against my seller

Let's try that again

We're unable to file a case for this transaction.

Return to Resolution Center
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Thanks for checking back in, @Aaron_Chandler. It sounds like the Resolution Center is giving you some troubles. I know that's probably been frustrating. 😞

It's possible you may be experiencing some general website issues that may be resolved by clearing cache and cookies or switching devices or browsers. In some situations, errors may come up if a dispute has already been opened for a transaction. 

I'd recommend trying to clear your cache and cookies first or changing your device or browser. If that doesn't clear up the error message, I'd suggest reaching out to PayPal customer support for assistance with filing the dispute. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.