Seller changed his email address on Paypal after I filed a dispute.

DevilHands
Contributor
Contributor

I had no idea that this was even possible. What could this mean? 

I had the case escalated to Paypal as the seller does not want to continue working on the project until I lift the dispute.

The email before was Non-US verified and it was the email I sent payments to. Now I am seeing a different email which seemed fake from the looks of it.

Update: NVM, delete this message. Looks like the seller have 2 emails.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Focus on your real issue and your money, not the seller's email address.  You filed a dispute with PayPal, so follow through on the dispute.  What was the point of the dispute if you are now willing to walk away from the dispute?

Some background?

What was the product?

What countries are involved?

How did you pay, friends/family or goods/services?

What was the dispute?

Login to Me Too

DevilHands
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Your right. I thought changing email would somehow affect my dispute against him.

Anyhow this was supposed to be a link building project for my website.

Around September, I saw an Ad where the seller was offering a packaged link building service claimed to be valued at $2000+ for just $599.

The package includes 15 Class A links and 20 Class B links.

From my inquiry, Class A links are links from High Quality Real Sites while Class B links are mixtures of Real Sites, PBN (self created blogs meant to place a link, these sites tend to look really poor) and other sites from his network.

Seller claims Class B links due to its diversity will make my site's back links look natural.

I decided to bite and pay for his services.

To make a long story short, projects not done yet but I found out that he is creating All PBN links for Class B, no mixtures as he claimed. Too many PBN can be harmful to my site. I also only have 3 out of 15 Class A links so far and he was putting in PBN's in there too which is not what we agreed upon.

Seller is flip flopping about his promised links and hard to get a contact from that I decided to raise a dispute about it being different and incomplete. I also want Paypal to see our conversation from the dispute.

Turns out seller does not want to answer it on Paypal and messages me on Facebook instead. He gave me an excuse that Paypal was not working for him, that he can't send a message there. He also wants me to lift the dispute before continuing with the project. I can't remove the dispute and he does not want to fix the issues nor continue with the project so I escalated it.

How do I submit documents btw? I actually want to add evidences for the claim but I am not seeing any options to.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what kind of dispute did you open?

Login to Me Too

DevilHands
Contributor
Contributor

That its Different and Incomplete. I checked both options

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Different and incomplete is not an option.  You can only check one.  What did you really do?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DevilHands

A long story but still lacking detail--the dispute.  What is the dispute and what has PayPal requrested?

Login to Me Too

DevilHands
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has not requested anything from me so far. I actually want to show the evidences. Status as of right now is that its still being reviewed.

The issue was that I was not given the proper links as the seller advertised.

Huh??? Really?? Hmm... the claim form is saying that my dispute is about it being Different and Incomplete. That's really what I did... maybe its a bug?

Although under "Reasons" it says Not as Described. When I clicked on View, it shows my reason as being Different and Incomplete.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you file the dispute you have choices:  not as described and not delivered.

So, you filed for not as described.  You will not be able to provide any absolute proof that it isn't what you ordered.  How do you expect PayPal to evalaute what the seller promised and what was delivered?  PayPal can't, so you would eventually loose the dispute.

On the other hand if you had filed for not delivered it would be up to the seller to provide proof of delvery with tracking information.  There would be no tracking number so you might actually win.

So, no make an urgent (immediate) phone call to PayPal customer service and ask to change the dispute to not delivered.  At leat then you might have a chance to win the dispute.

In future never use PayPal as a payment service for non-tangible items.  Also, never purchase software services because of a discount bargain.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ok, so you filed a SNAD (Not As Described) claim.  If case is in review, you can't add anything until PayPal ask for documentation, then you can give your "evidences".

See "Our online dispute resolution process" section:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.