Seller cannot issue a refund

heartgomez
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I bought something off of ebay and i realized that what he sold was a fake after i bought it and before shipping. Through the photos on the listing, i asked if the signatures on that item was authentic. I asked some friends who might know a thing or two and they said it seems fake. I asked the seller to provide proof that it is authentic but no proof has been given. So i filed a dispute in paypal and the seller said he cannot issue me a refund because the account is on hold. Should i close the claim i’ve filed so he can refund me or do I escalate the issue to Paypal? I have not received the item so I don’t know what to do. What if i close the claim and he does not refund me? I’m kinda new with paypal so I really need help. Thanks!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heartgomez

NEVER close a dispute until you have a cleared refund or your item.

Your seller is perfectly able to refund you DURING the dispute process and when he does that automatically closes the dispute.

If you close it then he can just ignore you as you can't open another dispute for the same transaction.

If you have filed for non receipt of item then ESCALATE the dispute to a claim.

If he sends the item and its not as described you can 'change' the dispute to one of 'not as described' but will probably have to return it back to the seller first trackable to prove delivery before paypal award you a refund but wait till they tell you to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

why cant you make up your mind beforeyou buy instead asking if the item is authentic before you even see the item?

The payment is onhold awaiting seller to ship and upload tracking,so now it is in limbo.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.