Seller Protection

goldenrockin
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a pair of earring on Nov 25th  on Dec 15 i was messaged from ebay saying not to respond to that buyer they were opening a case that the account had been hacked. So i did not have any conversations with that buyer. then on dec 26th out of the clear blue this package arrives and not remembering the name i opened it and its the earrings. so paypal puts a hold on the amount of money and opens a case because the credit card company open a case to get the money back apparently a family member bought the earrings with the fathers card. my question is what is going to happen have i lost this sale and will have to refund the money after this long. if i would of known that package was the earrings i could of refuse them but i didnt so is that going to work in the favor of the credit card co. because i will send them back to them. i feel i did nothing wrong and this person had my diamond platinum earrings for over a month. im so confused to what Seller Protection actually does to protect us sellers. any help answering my concerns would be great so thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did they file unauthorised transaction?

if the earrings come back in the same condition,you should refund .

you cant have the earrings and the money.

Login to Me Too

goldenrockin
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much and I would never keep the item and the money. I just didn't know if paypal would instruct me send the earrings back or what. But can I ask you when is it safe to repost the item?
Login to Me Too

goldenrockin
Contributor
Contributor
And yes I believe the father disputed the transaction to the card co. As Unauthorised user.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is seller protection for unauthorised transaction if the seller can prove he has shipped the item,justproof of shipping is good enough,not necessarily delivered.

but in your case,it came back to you,so you suffer no loss.

how did it come back t o you,did they send it back or someone refused the package and usps returned it to you?

Login to Me Too

goldenrockin
Contributor
Contributor
Yes they sent it back over 30 days after they recieved it. I guess that's when the owner of the card probably got the statement. It was just a surprise to me and being new at this was needing some imput. Thanks so much
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

just wait and see how Paypal handles it

Login to Me Too

goldenrockin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I hate to bother you again but it seems Paypal found that....well i dont know i have not heard anything from paypal but they released the funds. but now i dont know what to do. if the customers credit card company paid him the money back and they opened the case with paypal, and he shipped the item back to me, what do i do with the item i dont want to relist them if im obligated to send them somewhere. I am new to selling online and im an honest person so any insight would be a big help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.