Seller Protection

jskako
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business account with PayPal.

I am selling digital items that are delivered immediately.

Couple customers opened dispute that they did not authorized payment?

I wonder if there is any way i can win the dispute so i don't get scammed?

Thank you, Josip.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no seller protection for digital goods because you cannot prove delivery.

as for unauthorised payment claim,you stand no chance of winning.

if they file and win with Paypal,all you lose is what they paid you,if they file chargeback with credit card,you not only lose what they paid,you will also pay a chargeback fee of $20.

is it worth doing it?

Login to Me Too

jskako
Contributor
Contributor

Well I have screenshoots of sending items to user with unique transaction id-s.

Would that be enough or still can't win?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@jskako wrote:

Well I have screenshoots of sending items to user with unique transaction id-s.

Would that be enough or still can't win?

no,must be online viewable tracking showing it has been delivered to the buyer address.

research this forum and there are tons of this issue discussed

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Too many chargebacks make you high risk for PayPal and you could get your account closed without warning if you get too many chargebacks for your sales.

Login to Me Too

jskako
Contributor
Contributor

That doesn't make any sense. You can buy anything digital and always get your money back trough paypal?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Whether it makes sensse or not is irrelevant. 

Virtual transcations are high risk and PayPal has no way to monitor buyers and seller, nor can PayPal evaluate the usability of the products; that makes is high risk for PayPal, so PayPal will not offer seller protection.

There is another option, I think it's called micro payments and it is specifically designed for small virtual item sales.

Login to Me Too

jskako
Contributor
Contributor

How do you think it is irrelevant?

Than they could just make button "Give me my money back" and let bot decide it in few minutes, not 21 days case.

PayPal is dealing with the virtual transaction and that is main purpose of paypal, buyers should be more careful with informations, that is not sellers problem if they lost it, right?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The reasons are irrlevant to you as a seller.  You already accepted PayPal terms of use and polcies; this means you accepted those policies you now don't like.  Whether you like them or not, is irrelevant as you continue to accept them by using PayPal.

If you really disagree with the policies, then your option is to stop using PayPal.

Login to Me Too

jskako
Contributor
Contributor

Well I have to wait 21 days to get my money and than I am over with PayPal. 

PayPal is just not worth to be calling "faster, safer way to send money, make an online payment, receive money or set up a merchant account.".

Thank you on your time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.