Seller Protection

hoangngx
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone. I am in this situation of sending shoes oversea and buyer refuse to pay duties and taxes (he also refuse to answer all of my message and email) As I sold my shoes through Grailed I assume buyer is the one who have to pay the taxes. However, now he opens this dispute against me of “item not deliver” and I am not sure if Paypal will be in my favor or not. What I want to ask is that in order to get seller protection do I really need to show that the item is “delivered” on the tracking. Currently, the tracking only shows “addresses need to pay taxes before final delivery”, and I assume they will not try to deliver the parcel if buyer just wont pay taxes (I ship with Parcelforce to UK). Thanks everyone!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Gritomatic
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same situation. I have sent 700 USD hardware to Denmark. After customs clearance the customer had to pay duty, but he declined. He opened dispute "“item not delivered”. Tracking shows "The shipment was refused by recipient". We have sent to PayPal all tracking information, shipping policy ("customer is responsible for all customs duties and fees", email conversation with customers (where he declines), screenshots of fast order processing and shipping. The order was "Protection eligibility: Eligible / Protection eligibility type: ItemNotReceivedEligible".

http://www.postnord.dk/en/track-and-trace#dynamicloading=true&shipmentid=EP038799015RU

PayPal resolves on favor of customers and made full refund.

I am upset by the decision because I read about old similar cases and PayPal always have protected sellers from dishonest customers.

It appeared to be very simple to damage international sellers with buy-chargeback-buy-chargeback tactics. We consider to ban such countries as Denmark or leave PayPal at all. We just cannot afford a loss 700$ for one sale.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.