Seller Denied Return on eBay. Now What?

jeffpurcell
New Community Member

I purchased a piece of computer hardware on eBay. Paid via Paypal Credit. The item never worked as stated in the listing. I notified the seller and he informed me that i could return it. This all took place in eBay messages center. The payment took place on Nov. 21, 2017.

I really wanted the item to work so I sent the item in for repair with the warranty company. While the item was in for repair, the 30 day time frame with eBay passed. The item was out of warranty and they informed me it couldn't be repaired. I informed the seller and attempted to start a return in eBay. He closed the return without any communication. 

I tried to open a dispute in Paypal but it just keeps saying "We were unable to create cases for XXXXXXX. Please review the transaction details and try again." 

Do I have any options available? Or do I get punished for not immediately sending back the item?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you have paid with a credit card,file chargeback with the issuer,youmay not have to return the item and the seller will pay $20 chargeback fee.

make sure you document your case well,with your attempt tohave it fixed

you miss the Ebay deadline,if you win on EBay,he pays return shipping.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.