Security breach?

PatBoutin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I received an email yesterday morning concerning a payment I would have done with my paypal account. As it was not from me and the email  seems real, I decided to take a look. As I never use any links concerning this kind of «transaction» from any emails (...fishing), I went to paypal directly from my browser.

So I saw a payment was done to someone I don't even know. As the balance is nearly always at CDN$0, a transfer from my bank account was asked by paypal(...but not already done) to pay this fraudulous transaction. I called Paypal about this fraudulous transaction and they told me that they were going to put this on a «dispute situation» and that everything was on a hold. Sadly, 10 hours later, the money was transfered from my bank account (nearly CDN$700) and now I see it nowhere in my paypal account. 

It is wrote that «There are unresolved problems» for an «Unauthorized transaction» and the status is «Need seller's response». But, in the same time, the mention «Money sent» is there

Problem is, I need that money for pre-authorized payment to providers IN my bank account so, of course, I'm pretty nervous about this fraudulous situation. When I send an email asking some follow up on my money that seems to be nowhere, I receive this «politically correct pre-fab»:

Dear ****************,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We are still reviewing your account and appreciate your patience during this time. Once the review is complete, we'll email you with an update.

We appreciate your patience.

Yours sincerely, 
Ram 
PayPal 

As I'm already in some «panicking mood», that kind of answer certainly do not help the situation. Someone hacks a paypal account I nearly never use and robbed me nearly CDN$700...

Do not appreciate some patience that nobody could have in this kind of situation....

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PatBoutin
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the answer I just received; I can't barely believe it:

Dear ***************,

We've completed our review of your account and found that your account is secure and has not been accessed by an unauthorized third party. As a result, we've closed your unauthorized transaction claim.

If you're unhappy with your purchase, we encourage you to work with the seller to find a resolution. If you can't find a resolution, you may file a dispute in your Resolution Center.

Sincerely,
Subash
PayPal Account Review

Copyright © 2018 PayPal Canada Co. <removed>. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.