Scammer bought gift cards on my account

Parsons
Contributor
Contributor

I recently started using eBay again. Shortly after I received an email that two $25.00 gift cards had been bought on my account and paid for with my PayPal account. I immediately filed a dispute with Paypal stating what had happened. I then sent an email to the seller on eBay stating that I did not buy them, someone had obviously hacked my account, I had filled a claim with PayPal and to refund my money. Later I received an eBay message from the seller telling me to contact eBay if I thought someone had used my account. Well, thanks for that tip, I had already done it. eBay told me on the phone they were cancelling the order and additionally there was no need to call Paypal as they could see a dispute had already been filed and it would be handled. However, the two gift card orders are still on my eBay account. Just now, two days later, I received an email stating my "gift" has been delivered. Yes, it is the gift cards. Still no word from PayPal on a decision to get my money refunded. 

In all of my years of using PayPal I have never once had an issue. I guess I have just been lucky. 

Has anyone else had this situation? If so, how long does it usually take PayPal to get back to you?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.