Scammed when buying Digital Goods

aerotides
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Paypal community just a few moments ago I was scammed $35 after purchasing a Digital Good from a seller. We coordinated through Skype and he said he would give the information after I give $35. After I send a payment to him through Paypal he dashes off and deletes me off skype. I automatically take this to the Resolution Center and I send a message demanding a refund but he plays it off as if I was scamming. I have visual proof of his act of scamming so am I entitled to a full refund? Will Paypal be willing to see the proof I have??
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you send the payment under goods and service ,not friend and family?

if so,file dispute of item not received,he gets no seller protection as he cannot prove he has delivered the goods to you with tracking.

Login to Me Too

aerotides
Contributor
Contributor
Yea it was service and goods. When contacting ebay should I say it was a digital good or say it was a physical item they did not send?
Login to Me Too

aerotides
Contributor
Contributor
Yea it was service and goods. When contacting paypal should I say it was a digital good or say it was a physical item they did not send?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

go to My EBAY and find the listing and open a case of item not received. 

Login to Me Too

aerotides
Contributor
Contributor
I mean paypal*
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

digital goods. 

Login to Me Too

aerotides
Contributor
Contributor
Alright thanks for the help! So when I tell them it was a digital good do I show proof that he didn't send it?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

no need to prove,the burden of proof is on him

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.