Scam or Dispute

kevinr1128
Contributor
Contributor

I sold several custom phones. The buyer would send money to my account then he would call and place an order. I was unaware that buyer was adding money to my account he would call and tell me what he wanted me to order and would ask if he sent enough to cover what he wanted me to order for him. He did this several times he opened several different disputes. He opened disputes for items not as described and Non-receipt

Claim.

I shipped every order and the orders he received he said that they were not as described and the Non-receipt

Claim was delivered to his post office but he refuses to pick up.

The buyer is from the Dominican Republic but has orders sent to Miami. He wants money refunded for every order. I can not refund him because these were special ordered and I can not get my money back. I talked to police to see if this was some kind of money laundry scam? They said that they would Investgate. The said that paypal should not require me to refund the money.

PLEASE HELP

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As you don't have trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyer you would probably lose the non reciept dispute.

As for SNAD if and only if paypal find in his favour then he would more than likely have to return the items back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund him.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kevinr1128
Contributor
Contributor

The tracking number shows that his order is at his post office but he refuses to pick up.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Exactly so you can't prove he received it and it will  be returned to you and so you would probably have to refund him.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kevinr1128
Contributor
Contributor

Okay then according to your answer the same goes for the buyer. In order for him to get a refund he must provide PayPal with a tracking number and it shows that I receive it and is in the condition that it was sent to him right? So I will just do as he has done because according to you if he does not pick up the item he is not at fault.  I will not pick up the item either.

Login to Me Too

kevinr1128
Contributor
Contributor

And you failed to answer why did he even have a buyers claim for these two reasons

Examples of transactions not covered:
• Real estate
• Motorized vehicles
• Custom-made goods that aren’t received
• Travel tickets
• Industrial machinery
• Prepaid cards
• Items that violate our policies
• Anything bought in person (not over the internet)
• Send Money transactions to friends or family
• Disputes filed more than 180 days after the purchase for item not received and significantly not as described claims
• Unauthorized transaction claims reported more than 60 days after the transaction date of the transaction
• Items that were described accurately by the seller

Login to Me Too

kevinr1128
Contributor
Contributor

Please give answers to each of these:

• Anything bought in person (not over the internet)
• Custom-made goods that aren’t received
• You must provide Proof of Delivery or Proof of Shipment as described below.

What is Proof of Shipment?
Proof of Shipment is online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:
• The shipping company.
• The date the item was shipped.
• The recipient’s address, showing at least the city and state, or city and country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent). The address information on your shipping receipt must match the address on the Transaction Details page.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

you are very demanding when i am giving up my time to try and help you.

an occasional please or thanks for responding would go a long way.

so can't be bothered now, going out for a walk instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kevinr1128
Contributor
Contributor

Just thought I would let you know I won all of my disputes.So all of your advice was wrong.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Really??    Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.