Scam email?

AMS01
Contributor
Contributor

The english has some errors but since I actually made a random purchase it felt too coincidental. Pretty sure all teh pieces add up to it being a scam 

It came from 

<removed><removed>

If this is NOT  a scam...someone let me know? I didnt find anything in paypal that suggests its real

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.51.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.51.29 PM.png

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

IyadK
Contributor
Contributor
Hey there 🙂 That looks like a scammer or phished who has sent you that email. The grammar errors are just too much for it to actually be PayPal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@AMS01

You omitted the most important fact:  The real email address of the sender.  It was likely NOT PayPal.

The rest of the message is a typical fake email to convince you to click and give away your personal information.

Just forward to spoof@PayPal.com

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

IyadK
Contributor
Contributor
Hey there 🙂 That looks like a scammer or phished who has sent you that email. The grammar errors are just too much for it to actually be PayPal.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@AMS01

You omitted the most important fact:  The real email address of the sender.  It was likely NOT PayPal.

The rest of the message is a typical fake email to convince you to click and give away your personal information.

Just forward to spoof@PayPal.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.