Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam email?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Community Member

Scam email?

The english has some errors but since I actually made a random purchase it felt too coincidental. Pretty sure all teh pieces add up to it being a scam 

It came from 

<removed><removed>

If this is NOT  a scam...someone let me know? I didnt find anything in paypal that suggests its real

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.51.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-06 at 6.51.29 PM.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Scam email?

Hey there Smiley Happy That looks like a scammer or phished who has sent you that email. The grammar errors are just too much for it to actually be PayPal.
Volunteer Advisor

@AMS01

You omitted the most important fact:  The real email address of the sender.  It was likely NOT PayPal.

The rest of the message is a typical fake email to convince you to click and give away your personal information.

Just forward to spoof@PayPal.com

2 REPLIES

Hey there Smiley Happy That looks like a scammer or phished who has sent you that email. The grammar errors are just too much for it to actually be PayPal.
Volunteer Advisor

@AMS01

You omitted the most important fact:  The real email address of the sender.  It was likely NOT PayPal.

The rest of the message is a typical fake email to convince you to click and give away your personal information.

Just forward to spoof@PayPal.com