SECURITY ISSUE

CLBARKER
Contributor
Contributor

Have had an active account for twelve years, then moved, changed address, bank account remains the same, and joined my daughter's family plan for a phone...paypal offers me no options to verify myself except this phone.....they have suggested I change banks and open a new account ---- change my name on my paypal account ---- get a paypal credit card, yet no other reasonable option is offered except I had better get a land line in my name as primary person on phone account or I will not be able to use paypal....I am inclined to give paypal a boot, but can't believe they are this **bleep**, or unable to verify my authenticity any other way, so am giving this one more shot.....thoughts, or similar experience from anyone?  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

NateHollister
New Community Member

I have also had an issue with their security team. The first purchase using my PayPal credit account was sent to my partner's address. Looking back, I can see why they were given pause, but I am livid that after jumping through hoops (answering credit verification questions, sending my ID and current bill to them, etc) they will not reinstate my credit account. This is just poor business and a slap in the face to honest consumers. I will never use them again for the frustration and time I have spent in trying to resolve the "security issue".

Advice to all: do not have something sent to a different address than your own residence. They obviously have heightened sensitivity to fraud - over the top really. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.