Ridiculous resolution - I have to ship something to Vietnam when it came from the US?

sssarah
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a toaster off of a website (www.trafaluk.com) and paid via PayPal.  According to the website, the company is located in New Jersey.

I then received a package directly from www.kohls.com in Michigan.  It was a toaster, but not the same model that I ordered from trafaluk.com.  The receipt shows that it was ordered by someone named "Felicia" and her address is in New York.

I did not want the model of toaster that I received.  I didn't know what to do - send it back to the company at its New Jersey address and hope for a refund?  Take it back to Kohls, where they might only offer refund to original payment source (who knows how Felicia paid) or a Kohls credit (which I don't want)?  I definitely didn't trust the company anymore, so I opened a PayPal dispute.

PayPal's resolution - I can get my money back, but I have to pay for shipping to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam?  WHAT?  

Now I can't find a way to "appeal" this with PayPal - forget trying to get a person on the phone, and the resolution center page offers no option for me other than cancelling my claim.

At this point, I'm thinking my best bet is to take the toaster back to Kohls and hope for the best...but I mainly want PayPal to pay attention to this scam.  It seems to me that this guy in Vietnam is getting away with it - and a free toaster shipped to him at no cost.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you have used a credit card,file a chargeback and tell the cc issuer of this ridiculous return.

once Paypal is notified of your chargeback,your case will closed and your cc issuer will decide,make sure you narrate the case well.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The site said they wil pay return shipping?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Kohl would not take it back unless you have a store receipt.

Login to Me Too

sssarah
Contributor
Contributor

The package has the Kohl's receipt in it - it came directly from Kohls.com.  The receipt is what has Felicia's name and address on it.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It dpends on how she paid,stores usually like to credit the credit card used to make the purchase,esp it is from their website.

Login to Me Too

sssarah
Contributor
Contributor

The phone number for the company is disconnected.  Clearly they're running some sort of scam.  And PayPal has told me I have to pay for the shipping.

Login to Me Too

sssarah
Contributor
Contributor

I used PayPal, which is linked to my bank account.  Only have a credit card as back up funding source.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.