Reversed sale and funds taken away based on false information from buyer

AJ1008
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else experienced this issue.  The buyer received the concert tickets and disputed the transaction.  I was told by both Ebay and PayPal that the transaction and sale was in fact a valid transaction as a seller. The buyer has claimed false information and somehow the payment was reversed. Upon calling PayPal again, I was told it was an "odd" situation that did not make sense and that the funds would be available within 2 days. 2 days have since passed and I have not received a call back and I am out the full amount of payment and shipping that I agreed to pay for. Meanwhile, the buyer received the tickets I sold him and he was able to go to the concert for free. The reversal of the payment going back to the seller makes zero sense and must be fraud right? I supplied all requested documentation supporting the transaction 100% to PayPal and Ebay has offered to support the transaction and verify it's valid by getting on a 3-way phone call. There is zero grey area in this case. What else can I do?  The case is showing closed.

THANK YOU! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

huddyskiba
New Community Member

I'm in a similar situation where the buyer claims that the items ordered were sent to the wrong address.  Buyer claims he doesn't know where the address came from but he knows he ordered the item and the address shows "confirmed" on the PayPal transaction page.

What false information do you suspect that the buyer gave eBay/PayPal?  Good luck to you... it's all about the buyer unfortunately.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.