Returned Goods to China

mrgooddeals1
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased bearings from China for $2400.00 using PayPal. When I got them they were junk, rusty, and had no grease in them. The rubber seals were defective as well. I contacted PayPal (because of buyer protection) and opened a dispute. I had to get expert opinions that would verify the bearings were no good which I did. PayPal told me I could return the bearings. I sent them back through USPS and on form 2976-B I entered that the items were returned goods. This was on November 28 2014.

The tracking as of today, March 3, 2015 says the item is in customs clearance! Paypal closed the case on December 29th since the tracking status was "In Customs Clearance" at that time as well, stating that we failed to return the items or that the return couldn't be verified.  Well after getting a letter from USPS stating that the orignal seller won't sign for the package and that they were notified to pick it up, I anxiuosly forwarded this information to PayPal excpecting to finally get my money back. That didn't happen.

I was told by PayPal that there were duties due on the return that we were responisble to pay. Therefore we didn't pay for the full shiiping costs. I had no idea that there were duties. I don't know how Paypal knows this. When I asked them they said "we know there are duties due on returned goods to China". OK so no one at the post office told me. The package is still in customs and the seller refuses to pick it up. What do I do now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Thats pretty appalling isn't it. You do everything asked of you so i don't see how you can be blamed if the seller has not got the goods yet.

Hopefully you funded your paypal payment with a credit card? If so then contact your card issuer and do a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mrgooddeals1
Contributor
Contributor

We used out PayPal account to pay. Thanks

@kernowlass wrote:

Thats pretty appalling isn't it. You do everything asked of you so i don't see how you can be blamed if the seller has not got the goods yet.

Hopefully you funded your paypal payment with a credit card? If so then contact your card issuer and do a chargeback.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.