Return status reverted to prior Reviewing status (?)

Posting_ID
Contributor
Contributor

My resolution case had reached the stage where PayPal requested an online tracking number for return of goods, which I provided.

I shipped the parcel flat rate Priority Mail to the seller (Click-N-Ship) and it entered the mail stream today.  I logged in and PayPal has now reverted the status to the previous Reviewing state, which is a backward step in the resolution process.  Why are they reviewing it if they already ruled I was entitled to the refund?

They had already told me I would receive my refund as soon as the seller received the parcel, as proved by tracking, and they were awaiting the seller's response (i.e., he received it), but now I'm told they're back to reviewing the case.  Does this mean PayPal no longer intends to definitely refund me when the parcel I just shipped arrives at the seller's door?

I'm now concerned that the seller could get his SNAD item(s) back and PayPal could rule in the seller's favor, after they already promised me the refund.  This parcel (and hence refund) is worth $250.

PayPal has no phone number to call about this issue, and it isn't among their site support subject drilldown.  Should I worry things have gone awry?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Posting_ID
Contributor
Contributor

This is no longer relevant, as I have received a refund.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete a topic with no replies -- maybe I should try reporting my own post as inappropriate?

At any rate, mods please feel free to delete the thread.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Posting_ID
Contributor
Contributor

This is no longer relevant, as I have received a refund.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete a topic with no replies -- maybe I should try reporting my own post as inappropriate?

At any rate, mods please feel free to delete the thread.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.