Return goods: Seller's name unknown

TtheCreator
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I've gone trough the process of requesting a refund and I'm required to send my product back.

I've looked at multiple sites but all of them require to fill in a complete first and last name.

The seller however, has only a company name listed. What can I do about this?

Then a few things about importing to china.

I can either mark my item as a gift or as a return item, I'm guessing I should use the latter one.

Can I get randomly taxed without knowing it when selecting that. 

My item price is €73, so could that be of a problem to me? Or should I fill in the $10 my package came with originally? I mean I got ripped of and the item I received is far from being worth 73 euros. I just don't any unexpected costs.

I'm sending trough PostNL btw if you wanted to know.

Then I can apply for shipping on us, which is available on that transaction. Is this pretty much a guarantee to get my costs covered or not?

The order of question importance is from top to bottom. I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer the top two ones.

I could also just call paypal on the matter but how's everyones experience with that?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Have you been able to contact the seller? Also, for the inputing names, you can use the seller's business name as the first name and, if it's required and it's separate, put "N/A" or the second part of the business name for the last name. An example is a store name Sams' Club, you would put "Sams'" as the first name and "Club" as the last name. Sometimes there might be an option for inputing business name's or it might be a separate webpage. I strongly recommend contacting customer service from these websites.

Now, I don't have any knowledge on international sales, once again, you should ask the seller or an import/export business about that. However, I can tell you that the Shipping On Us program only allows up to 12 return shipping refunds and you can receive up to $30 for each claim. If the return shipping is more than $30, you will only receive $30. Also, you can request a return shipping refund within 30 days of the return shipping date. Meaning, once you gave the mail piece to the shipping carrier, you have 30 days to submit the claim. As far as I know there are no requirements to qualify for the claim. However, it is imperative that you gather documents and send them with the claim as follows:

• If the seller has deducted the return shipping costs from your refund, you must provide copies of any documents that show the difference between what your item cost, and how much you were refunded.
  • If you paid for the shipping/the seller did not deduct the return shipping costs from your refund, you must provide a receipt that shows the return shipping cost and the seller's address. If it doesn't show the seller's address, then you must provide the shipping label document that does show the seller's address or a photo of the package that has the seller's address.
  • FOR BOTH CIRCUMSTANCES, you must provide either your PayPal email receipt, or your PayPal transactions page showing the original purchase. Your proof must show that you made your purchase IN FULL USING YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

If you need more information about the Return Shipping On Us program, you should try contacting Telus International by going to https://www.paypal.com/returns -> find "full terms and conditions" or a link to the terms and conditions of the program -> click on "Who should I contact if I have a question about the Return Shipping on Us service?" Then an email address should appear.

Other than that, I am of no help. Therefore, I recommend contacting PayPal's customer service by phone at https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call or by email at https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/email.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.