Return and refund issues

klesleyg
New Community Member
I ordered 3 dresses from a FB ad website totaling $82 (I know, mistake already). I emailed the company before ordering to confirm that the items would arrive by a certain date (right before my graduation from college) if ordered with Express Shipping otherwise I wouldn't be able to order, company said that it would arrive on time so the order was placed. I emailed them the day before it was agreed to arrive and they actually told me I needed to find another dress to wear and included that the 3rd dress was out of stock and thus not shipped. I asked them to cancel the order and refund the money. They said they could not refund the money until I received the order and returned it to the address they provided me. I asked them to send return shipping labels and they did not reply back. I went to FedEx to return the TWO dresses that weighed .5kg and it was going to cost $103 plus tax. That's more than I spent on all three dressed and Express Shipping combined. I keep trying to reach the company but they won't reply. I've escalated to PayPal (thank God I paid through them) but it seems as though I might not get a refund because I haven't returned the items per PayPal(?) but I can't spend that just to return it!! I'm stuck and I need that money back because I did have to go buy another dress! I need help. They shipped through DHL, I called their customer service line and no answer. What can I do?? I can't suck up this money... Please someone help.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@klesleyg

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection before you start buying so you know what is and what is not offered.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this before the transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

However if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and they may help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

klesleyg
New Community Member
Damn it... I didn't realize that it was going to be coming from another country, though now that I think of it what doesn't get shipped from another country. I should have read more into the PayPal protection... I'm probably **bleep** out of $83... I used my debit card which probably means that they can't do anything since I agreed to the charge. The company must at least reimburse me for the last dress that was never shipped... I'll try and contact them for that. Any creative ideas otherwise?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@klesleyg

Try your debit card issuer they may help you but apart from the info i have given you above not a lot else I can add to it I'm afraid.

Also got to log off as going to bed (not in your country) and its late here.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

klesleyg
New Community Member
Thanks anyway. Have a good night.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.