Resolution fraud?

Dylemma
New Community Member

I made a purchase in January and waited the 3-5 weeks advertised for the delivery before questioning the seller.  After several email attempts with no response I went to the resolution center to contact the seller through PayPal.  I received an immediate response and apology from the seller who promised to send part of my purchase immediately and the balance by 3/14.  He claimed to be unable to send anything with the dispute open in PayPal preventing him from using his shipping account so I took him at his word and closed the issue.  He did send a portion of the purchase (which arrived with partial postage due) and has still not completed  the order.  We communicated a couple of times over the past two weeks with new promises each time but now he is unresponsive again and I cannot reopen the dispute.  What if any are my options?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dylemma

NEVER close a dispute until you have a cleared refund or your item.

You can only open one dispute per transaction.

If you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

when you open a case on Paypal,his payment is immediately withheld by Paypal.

It has nothing to do with his shipping account,he is telling you he has no money to pay for shipping as Paypal withheld the payment ,he should have some fund for  shipping if he is running a business.

Is this an Ebay transaction?

Many sellers do not have the goods on hand,after you paid him,he wil go and buy the goods  with your money,sometimes he could have problem sourcing,hence the delay.

filing dispute with EBAY is 30 days,with Paypal and credit card issuer is 180 days.if you have paid with cc,then file a chargeback 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

he is telling you he has no money to pay for shipping as Paypal withheld the paymen

She bought it in January !!!!

Many sellers do not have the goods on hand,after you paid him,he wil go and buy the goods  with your money,sometimes he could have problem sourcing,hence the delay.

OP has been waiting the 3-5 weeks for delivery !!!

Filing dispute with EBAY is 30 days,with Paypal and credit card issuer is 180 days.if you have paid with cc,then file a chargeback

It wasn't Ebay and too late for that anyway. She has already opened and closed a paypal dispute and I have already advised re the c.c. chargeback option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass

he told her he cant ship because the payment is withheld and ask her to cancel the case so he can ship.

which tells me he has no fund in his Paypal account to buy a shipping label,some sellers will transfer payments to his bank account as soon as received,leaving little money in his account,so although the transaction is over a month old,he has withdrawn all the payments ,there is just not enough or none in his Paypal account to pay for a shipping label.

waiting 3-5 weeks for delivery,which just say he cant source the goods,he has some on hand but not enough and he was waiting,but OP get tired or waiting and file dispute,so he shipped whatever he has and wait for the rest to be available.

This is a problem buying from individuals,dont let the glossy website fool you,it could just be a one man show working from home and sourcing from liquidators and remnants vendors,not like Bestbuy or Walmart placing order with the manufacturer!

you get what you pay for,price is lower but when things go wrong,take 2 aspirins and call Paypal 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

Yes but her payment would not have been held passed 21 days and its now 5 week later, so even if he has no funds in his balance he still has her payment that he can use to ship the item surely............he does not have to use paypal postage.

If he had not got the goods the he should have refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Whac-A-Mole

Yes but her payment would not have been held passed 21 days and its now 5 week later, so even if he has no funds in his balance he still has her payment that he can use to ship the item surely............he does not have to use paypal postage.

I don think yu know what I am trying to tell you-

many sellers make a living selling in cyberspace,most are on Ebay and they use the proceeds to meet their living expenses,so the payment OP made has been withdrawn and spent ,it could be rent,utilities,cc bills or buy new merchandise.

The fact that he must have the case closed to access his fund to print a shipping label means he has no extra fund lying around to buy a label,and as OP stated,there was insufficient postage on the partial shipment,so this guy is not exactly Bill gates .

Taking the package to the post office would cost more ,and the clerk will weight the package so there is no chance of underpaying postage hoping no one will catch it.

As to refunding the payment in full,he is not willing to do so,as he has some quantity just not enough,and hoping the ship will come in,more items he ordered will arrive soon,so why refund?

There are just some folks who are tight with money,did you read a thread that a disabled seller bought a lot of figurines and paid $10 ship,the shipment arrived,actual postage is 9.75 and he asked the seller for a 25 cents refund??

Did you read that many Americans these days do not have $100 for medical bill if they are sick and need to see a doctor? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

Yep but that is not the buyers problem, the seller has been paid to ship the item so they should ship the item.

I don't care what the reasons are as to WHY he can't ship as that is meaningless.

That is why I advised the OP to do a chargeback if they funded their paypal payment via a card.

Whereas you said about Ebay................wasn't Ebay. and about filing with paypal.................already done and closed and I had already advised re a chargback so what was the point of all that?

But i do agree that its very sad that poor folks can't afford medicat care. Can't believe its not free as it is over here.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Whac-A-Mole

he does not have money to ship partial and you want him to refund in full?

The money is spent,there aint no money to refund.

You are beginning to sound like Marie Anthoinette,if they dont have bread,why cant they eat cake! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.