cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunded AliExpress purchase through Paypal, and now the buyer opens a dispute?

Highlighted
Contributor

Refunded AliExpress purchase through Paypal, and now the buyer opens a dispute?

I bought an item from a seller on AliExpress, but when it arrived it was counterfeit and not as described. So I opened a dispute on AliExpress, to which the buyer told me to cancel because his store already has a high dispute rate in the past 3 months, so my dispute would close their store. He offers to refund me through PayPal, which I accept. He sends me the refund as a "goods and services".

As soon as I close the dispute on AliExpress, he opens a dispute on PayPal saying that he did not receive the service! My question is, is he protected against this? How do I win this dispute?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Refunded AliExpress purchase through Paypal, and now the buyer opens a dispute?

If you closed the dispute - it's game over - some sellers have a very good understanding of the terms in the User Agreement and they are well aware of how to navigate the system.  Once a dispute is closed it can’t be reopened.   Next he sends you money as "goods and services" - from PayPal's perspective - this would appear as you are the seller.  The sender then opens a dispute against you claiming what he paid for was not delivered.  PayPal then refunds his money - it's a scam but, it uses the policies in place to protect you against you.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Refunded AliExpress purchase through Paypal, and now the buyer opens a dispute?

Is there any way for me to win this dispute? I have already provided the service, so his claim is shouldn't hold. Also, aren't digital services not covered under buyer protection?

Highlighted
Contributor

Did you win your dispute I have a similar situation
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

@andy9573 wrote:

Is there any way for me to win this dispute? I have already provided the service, so his claim is shouldn't hold. Also, aren't digital services not covered under buyer protection?

no seller protection,you cant prove delivery to him in China/

but back to your ALIBABA express dispute,Alibaba is strict with their sellers,try contacting them and tell them what happens.

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

@andy9573 wrote:

what service did you provide?

you said it is a refund from him for the counterfeit you bought from him on Ali express?

you will lose this dispute.but read my suggestion on your Aliexpress purchase or if you used a credit card,skip Paypal and Ali and file with cc issuer/

Highlighted
Contributor

I didn't provide any service. They are a seller on aliexpress I bought hair from them and it wasn't good when I asked them back for my money they said they sent it but I let aliexpress check my account and they saw no refund so I told them to refund it through PayPal if they having an issue so they did on the 18th October . Little did I know they sent it as a goods and service payment as I was told about an half and your ago . But I called PayPal and I told them to check the transaction details cause becuase it says in the note that it was a refund sent to me for hair I wasn't satisfied with . And after they chexked to verify what I was saying they just closed in my favor . And I believe this would be my last time using PayPal for anything . I reported the seller on aliexpress and PayPal.